News and HOT TOPICS
2016 State of the County AddressWashington County Administrator Joshua Schoemann delivered his annual State of the County address at the recent County Board meeting. In his address, Schoemann reviewed the County's accomplishments from 2015-2016 and forecasted year 2016 and beyond.
According to Schoemann, the top 5 accomplishments of 2015-2016 are as follows:
1. The property tax burden hitting historically low levels, including the lowest County levy in 12 years and lowest property tax rate in a 1/2 century;
2. The Washington - Ozaukee Public Health Department merger;
3. Completion of strategic planning and priority-based budgeting kick-off;
4. Construction of Washington County Fair Park's "Silver Lining Amphitheater;" and
5. The Government Center being renamed and dedicated to former County Board Chair, Herb Tennies in appreciation for his 50 years of service to Washington County.
In addition, Schoemann listed the reduction of the County Board size (30-26) and the change in committee structures to provide efficiencies and compliment the shift from a County Committee to County Administrator form of government as other important accomplishments.
For 2016 and beyond, Schoemann hopes to continue to develop the County's comprehensive strategy to "Inspire a Shared Vision." In so doing, he outlined 4 goals for 4 years through the County's commitment to priority-based budgeting, shared services, and fiscal responsibility.
Schoemann's 4 goals in 4 years include:
1. Reducing the annual budget deficit;
2. Replenishing the health insurance fund;
3. Creating the capacity for pay plan study/implementation; and
4. Holding or reducing the tax levy &/or mill rate.
Staying consistent with those themes, Schoemann listed the 2017 budget goals to include:
• Maintaining the current tax rate;
• Reducing or eliminating the need to access the fund balance to balance the budget;
• Replenishing the health insurance fund balance; and
• A 3rd consecutive pay-plan adjustment.
Wild About ParksA nature-based recreation program for the Washington County Park System. Free Family events rain or shine!
2015 Postponed Real Estate Taxes2015 Postponed Real Estate Taxes
The second installment of postponed real estate taxes are due on or before July 31 to the Washington County Treasurer. Payments that are mailed must be postmarked no later than July 31st to be considered timely.
Checks are to be made payable to the Washington County Treasurer and mailed to 432 E Washington St, PO Box 1986, West Bend WI 53095-7986. Enclose the payment stub from your tax bill or write your tax parcel number on your check. If you would like a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
You can use the Washington County website www.co.washington.wi.us to look up your tax information by either your parcel number or the address of the property. From the County’s home page, click on Departments, then click on County Treasurer, and click on the Tax Information link.
If you need assistance, please contact the Washington County Treasurer's office at 262-335-4324. Our office hours are Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Samaritan/Fields Golf Outing July 18
The 8th annual Samaritan/Fields golf outing is scheduled for Monday, July 18th 2016!
2005 Final Report Regarding STH 60 Reliever RouteIn 2005, the County completed an East-West Corridor Study.
Spotlight to be on Washington Ozaukee Public Health Department MergerOn Monday, Governor Walker signed into law AB 362, relating to multiple jurisdictions' health departments--a law change needed for Washington and Ozaukee County's recent initiative to consolidate public health departments.
2016 State of the County Address
Washington County Administrator Joshua Schoemann d...READ MORE
Wild About Parks
A nature-based recreation program for the Washingt...READ MORE
2015 Postponed Real Estate Taxes
2015 Postponed Real Estate TaxesThe second install...READ MORE
Samaritan/Fields Golf Outing July 18
The 8th annual Samaritan/Fields golf outing is sch...READ MORE
2005 Final Report Regarding STH 60 Reliever Route
In 2005, the County completed an East-West Corrido...READ MORE
Spotlight to be on Washington Ozaukee Public Health Department Merger
On Monday, Governor Walker signed into law AB 362,...READ MORE