Register of Deeds
Related Information: Real Estate Property Lister Office
Sharon A Martin
Register of Deeds
Welcome to Washington County
Register of Deeds
Please contact our office at
(262) 335-4318 or E-Mail
with any questions.
Under the authority of Chapter 59.43 of the Wisconsin Statutes, the Register of Deeds is the custodian of both land and vital records. Documents recorded in the office are a matter of public record and can be inspected by anyone during regular business hours
Fees for Vital records are as follows:
$20.00 for the first copy (of each record)
$3.00 for each additional copy
Vital records (birth, death, marriage and domestic partnerships) are available in our office if that event occurred in Washington County. Residency copies can be obtained from our office if the parents of the child resided in Washington County at the time of the birth. Residency copies of death certificates are also available if the deceased resided in Washington County at the time of death.
1. Come into the office located at: 432 E Washington St West Bend
You can print out and complete an applicaton form (above) and
bring it with you to our office. (identification is required)
2. Complete the application form (above) and mail it to our office
with the appropriate fee.
3. Order online with credit card (see below)
Acceptable forms of payment are Cash or Check made payable to "Register of Deeds"
Any questions pertaining to a specific Birth, Death, Marriage or Declaration of Domestic Partnership record that is on file with our office, please call (262) 335-4321 or send an e-mail to our Vital Records Clerk.
- The person named on the record.
- The parent of the person named on the record
- The legal custodian or guardian of the person named in the record.
- A member of the immediate family (spouse,child,brother,sister or
- An agent representing the person named in the record.
**CLICK HERE TO ORDER VITAL RECORDS ONLINE **
For your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that Washington County Register of Deeds has partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. VitalChek can be reached through their website. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.
Recording and Filing fees are governed by Wisconsin Statutes and are uniform throughout the State.
Documents received between 8am-4pm are recorded the same day they are received.
Original documents that have been recorded are returned in three business days.
Please make checks payable to Register of Deeds.
- Deeds, Mortgages, Land Contracts, Satisfactions,
Registration of Firm Names, Change of Name and Miscellaneous Documents
- $30.00 (Flat Fee regardless of the number of pages)
- TOD-110 - Termination of Decedent's Property Interest
- $30.00 (Flat Fee regardless of number of pages)
- HT-110 - Transfer on Death to Beneficiary
- $30.00 (Flat Fee regardless of number of pages)
- Federal Tax Liens - $30.00 (Flat Fee regardless of number of pages)
- Lis Pendens $30.00 (Flat Fee regardless of number of pages)
Document Copies and Certified Copies
- Copies of recorded documents are $2.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page.
- Certified copies are $3.00 for the first page (includes the certification) and $1.00 for each additional page.
- Subdivision and Condominium Plats are $50.00 regardless of the number of pages.
- Department of Transportation Project Plats (TPP) are $25.00 with one page being one plat.
- Plats are 22"X30" in size except for Condominium Plats which are 14"X22".
Genealogical & historical real estate records are available back to the mid-1800's. You may search our records anytime between the hours of 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday.
NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY
VITAL STATISTICS RULES PURSUANT TO WI STATUTES CHAPTER 69, ADMIN RULE DFS 142
- Sign in at the front desk and leave by 4:15 pm
- No CAMERAS, cell phones, scanners, private copy machines, food or drinks.
- Ask Register for approval of laptop
- No children under the age of 12
- Be respectful to others and work quietly. No loud talking, laughing or noise making
REMEMBER THE MATERIALS ARE OLD AND DELICATE
- Have clean hands, be gentle, use care and ask for assistance
- Use only pencils
- Don't write on, alter, mutilate or destroy any records. Handle all books with care and respect. Return all books to their proper space
- Report any damages to records or inappropriate searching
- Only one verbal warning will be given. Continued violators will be asked to leave the office
NOTE: A statewide vital records law went into effect June 1, 1907. Vital records were not required before this time so our records are limited
Through a partnership between Washington County and the Washington County Historical Society, historic plat books were scanned, cataloged and are available to search and view on-line at no charge. For a small fee, full size copies are available; please visit the Register of Deeds office.
Following the link for a given plat book will bring up a list of the pages available for that year. All pages are in .pdf format and require the free Adobe Reader to view.
- The maps included on this site should not be used for legal, survey, engineering, financial, tax or other professional advice. If specific or precise information is required, you should always use the original recorded documents, surveys, plats, flood insurance studies, or other official means. Washington County specifically disclaims liability for damages of any kind resulting from the misuse or misrepresentation of any information contained herein.
Additional years will be added when historic books are located and copyright laws permit.
LandNotification is available in Washington County!
What is Land Notification? The LandNotification system gives you the ability to monitor a name or a specific parcel of land for property real estate activity. You can create one or more alerts that are triggered when a real estate document is recorded in the Washington County Register of Deeds office with the name identified in the alert. When an alert is triggered, an email will be sent to the email address provided; the email will contain more information about the activity and will have a link to LandShark, our county on-line property records system.
How much does it cost? Nothing. There is no cost to the user.
How do I sign up? There is a link to LandNotification on the Washington County Register of Deeds office webpage where you can sign up. https://landnotify.co.washington.wi.us/lns.app/
For more information, contact Register of Deeds Sharon Martin at 262-306-2225 or Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Log In to LandShark below to access the search functions.
If you do not have an account you will need to register through LandShark to create a User Name and Password
For your convenience there is a user guide available on the website
if you have any questions on how to search.
FOR ADDTIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT:
Washington County Real Property Lister
432 East Washington Street
West Bend, WI 53095
REAL PROPERTY LISTER OFFICE
LandShark is a web-based tool for the location and retrieval of land record documents. With LandShark, you can search for land record documents and, if the document is available on our system, actually view the document on your computer.
LandShark is designed to be used by two different types of users: daily users and occasional users:
- Occasional Users
- LandShark has an internet option for the Occasional User working in the real estate related business. If you do not have a good real estate background, you are best advised to visit the office of your local register of deeds and get assistance to locate your documents. If you have a good real estate background, you will have no difficulty using LandShark. Fees are assessed to pay for support and maintenance of the system. If you are interested in searching the real estate records in the Washington County Office of the Register of Deeds.
- Daily Users
- LandShark has an internet access program designed for title insurance firms and other real estate related firms that operate in Wisconsin and need daily access to the land records in the Washington County Register of Deeds office. (If your real estate related firm needs only intermittent access, or if your computer expertise is limited, please consider using Occasional LandShark instead.) Fees are assessed to pay for support and maintenance of the system and Daily Use Access is only available with a subscription.If you represent a Wisconsin firm interested in searching the real estate records in the Washington County Office of the Register of Deeds on a daily basis.
PO Box 1986
West Bend, WI 53095-7986
8:00 am - 4:30 pm