MyPlate is based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans to help consumers make better food choices. MyPlate is designed to remind Americans to eat healthfully and illustrates the five food groups using a familiar mealtime visual, a place setting. Click the MyPlate icon for specific nutritional information.
• Information on Dietary Supplements - from the National Institutes of Health, Office of Dietary Supplement
• Nutrition and Weight Status Objectives - U.S. Healthy People Project
• 2012 Highlights - Healthy People Project of Washington County
• Nutrition, Food Safety, Physical Activity, and Obesity: Winnable Battles
• CDC's Winnable Battles - are public health priorities with large-scale impact on health and with known, effective strategies to address them. The current Winnable Battles have been chosen based on the magnitude of the health problems and our ability to make significant progress in improving outcomes.
• The Wisconsin Food Security Project - provides localized information about the food security infrastructure in Wisconsin. The project promotes food security by helping planners and policymakers identify strengths and gaps in their communities, and by helping service providers and individuals and families to locate food-related resources.
• Recipes for Healthy Kids: Cookbook for Homes
• Recipes for Healthy Kids: Cookbooks for Child Care Centers and Schools
Here are some opportunities to get physically active and improve your community:
- • Get Moving Washington County - interactive map of things for active people to do and ideas to inspire inactive people to get moving
• Physical activity info - CDC
• Physical Activity Objectives - U.S. Healthy People Project
• Resources to address physical activity and nutrition for the community - Wisconsin DHS
• The Community Guide, a guide to community preventive services that work to promote health
• Rankings of Walkable Cities - how does your city score?
• Pioneering Healthier Communities program
- • Progress on Childhood Obesity - Many States Show Declines
• FINDING BALANCE in your lifestyle - CDC TV
• Overweight and Obesity: At a Glance - U.S. Surgeon General
• Obesity Prevention and Control - CDC
• Obesity, Nutrition, and Physical Activity in Wisconsin,an executive summary of key data and recommendations
• On The Run: How Families Struggle To Eat Well And Exercise - NPR.org special series
School and Child Care Resources
- • Nutrition & Wellness Tips for Young Children: Provider Handbook for the Child and Adult Care Food Program - U.S.D.A.
• Early Childhood Education Initiatives - Wisconsin Department of Health Services
• Active Early - Wisconsin DHS
• Healthy Bites - Wisconsin DHS
• Got Dirt? - Wisconsin DHS
• Got Veggies? - Wisconsin DHS
• Ten Steps to Breastfeeding Friendly Childcare Centers - Wisconsin DHS
333 E Washington St, Ste 1100
West Bend, WI 53095
See SERVICE TIMES below.