Insects and rodents can spread disease and cause damage to property. The Health Department provides assistance and referral to help individuals identify and eliminate these pests. An excellent website for insect identification can be found at http://www.entomology.wisc.edu/insectid/index.html.
For information on rodent identification and control, go to: http://www.cdc.gov/rodents/prevent_infestations/index.html.
Companies that can help you get rid of insect and rodent concerns can be found in the yellow pages under "Pest Control". Call the Bat Specialists at 414-852-4281 for help with bat proofing your home.
- EPA bed bug website: http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/bedbugs/
- Health Advisory: Health Concerns about Misuse of Pesticides for Bed Bug Control- CDC, 11-27-2012
- UW Entomology bed bug information: http://www.entomology.wisc.edu/diaglab/labnotes/bedbug.pdf
Gypsy moths have been found in Washington County. Additional information about gypsy moths and how to report them can be found at http://gypsymoth.wi.gov .
- Controlling Cockroaches - UW Extension
Getting Rid of Fleas
- Flea Fact Sheet - Washington County Health Dept
- More Flea Information - Purdue University Medical Entomology
- Flea Control - National Pesticide Information Center
- Chemical and Nonchemical Management of Fleas - University of Tennessee Extension
- Safe Use of Flea and Tick Products in Pets - U.S. Food & Drug Administration
General Pest Control
- How to Select a Pesticide - UW Extension
- Keeping Pets Safe Around Pesticides - Oregon State University Extension
333 E Washington St, Ste 1100
West Bend, WI 53095
See SERVICE TIMES below.