POSP: Overview of 2035 Plan Process
The Washington County Planning and Parks Department has begun the planning process for updating the Washington County Park and Open Space Plan. A seven member advisory commission, guiding the progress of the plan update, consists of representatives of local governments, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, and the Metropolitan Builders Association.
Washington County Park and Open Space Plan Technical Advisory Commission (POSPTAC) Members
Matt Heiser, - Village Administrator, Village of Kewaskum
Mike Hermann - City of Hartford, Park & Recreation Director
Kelly Valentino - Village of Jackson
Robert Wessberg - DNR, Pike Lake State Park, Forest Superintendent
Shawn Graff - Ozaukee Washington Land Trust, Executive Director
Kristine Hillmer - Metropolitan Builders Association, Executive Director
Mike Miller - Planning, Conservation and Parks Committee
The updated plan will identify long-term needs for park and open space acquisition and development and proposes recommendations to satisfy those needs extending to the year 2035. The current 2020 plan was adopted by the Washington County Board of Supervisors on March 9, 2004. The 2035 plan will also allow the County to remain eligible to apply for State and Federal park grants.
- Park and Open Space Plan: 2020 (see link on Historic Plans page)
- Park and Open Space Plan: 2010 (see link on Historic Plans page)
The acquisition and development of parks and recreational facilities in Washington County provide a variety of private and public benefits to all residents. The cost of park acquisition and development is an investment in the future well being of individuals and contributes to the viability of communities in Washington County. Park and Open Space sites have a number of important individual, community, environmental and economic benefits.
- Individual Benefits (see link on Historic Plans page)
- Environmental Benefits (see link on Historic Plans page)
- Community Benefits (see link on Historic Plans page)
- Economic Benefits (see link on Historic Plans page)
- Overview of 2020 Park and Open Space Plan
- Washington County Parks and Trails
- Park and Open Space Plan Benefits - Active Living and Experience Concepts
- Right click on the icon
- Select "Save Target As"
- Place on your hard drive
- Open from your computer
For more information regarding this plan, please contact Debora M. Sielski,
Deputy Administrator, Washington County Planning and Parks Department