CP: Public Participation Plan
- Multi-Jurisdictional Public Participation Plan
(including appendices A through E)
- Appendix F: Multi-Jurisdictional Planning Committee Structure
- Appendix G: Public Participation Plan Washington County Multi-Jurisdictional Comprehensive Planning Process
Washington County and all 11 local government partners have adopted the Public Participation Plan by resolution.
The public participation plan seeks to:
- Enhance public awareness of the planning effort and its importance
- Educate citizens about trends
- Provide opportunities for citizens to help identify key community issues
- Develop a vision for the future of Washington County
- Detail specific County wide public outreach efforts
- Describe the local outreach efforts that will take place to learn about the needs and desires of local communities
- Outline the responsibilities and costs to each partner
- Provide a description of the public participation methods
- Meet all of the requirements as outlined in § 66.1001(4)(a) of the Wis. Stats
The Comprehensive Planning Law
requires public participation
at every stage of the
Comprehensive Planning Process.
The Washington County
Multi-Jurisdictional Public Participation Plan
includes 6 main activities:
- County wide random telephone survey.
- Kickoff/SWOT workshop meeting will be held to inform residents of the comprehensive planning process and law requirements and gather the public's perceptions of their community and County through a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats workshop. One meeting will be conducted countywide and one conducted for each participating municipality.
- Information/Visioning sessions will be held countywide and for each participating municipality. These sessions will provide information regarding inventory, forecasts, surveys and focus groups results and provide residents with the opportunity in defining a vision for the future of Washington County and each participating municipality.
- An open house and informational/input meeting will be held to review the draft plan. One meeting will be conducted countywide and one conducted for each participating municipality.
- A public hearing will be scheduled for Washington County and each partnering municipality prior to plan adoption.
- Quarterly or semi annual intergovernmental meetings with local communities to discuss issues of mutual concern. (Throughout 3 year planning process)
West Bend, WI 53095