Eisenbahn State Trail
Click here for a magnified view of the Eisenbahn State Trail in Washington County.
Trail rules are posted. There is no admission charge for use of the trail.
In winter between December 15, and March 15, the trail segment from Lighthouse Lane north to the County line through Kewaskum is open to ATV's and snowmobiles when the trail is posted open for those uses on the Washington County Snowmobile Association website at: www.wcasc.org. Information on when the trail is open to ATV's or snowmobiles is also available by calling the snowmobile hotline at 262-334-6061. Snowmobiles and ATV's can get on the trail at Lighthouse Lanes, from the BP station at the south end of Kewaskum (near C-1697) and from the parking lot next to the trail within the Village of Kewaskum. The trail continues on into Fond du Lac County and is open to ATV's and snowmobiles in winter. Also - check with Fond du Lac County for open and closed conditions before traveling north on the trail out of Washington County.
General Etiquette for all Trail Users
- Treat all trail users with respect and courtesy regardless of their sport, speed or skill level.
- Protect our environment; stay on the trail. Do not use shortcuts.
- Stay to the right and pass on the left. Always look before changing positions on the trail.
- Share the trail; watch and listen for others.
- Carry out all litter; including your pet's waste.
- Respect private property and the privacy of people living along the trail.
- Pets must be kept on leashes less than six feet in length and under control.
- Leave vegetation for others to enjoy. Do not cut or damage live trees or vegetation.
- Travel at a safe and controlled speed.
- Only cross at marked crossings.
Etiquette for Bicyclists
- Ride single file. Ride two or more abreast only if you will not block other traffic.
- Control your speed. Trails are not appropriate places for high speed riding.
- Obey traffic signs and signals
- When passing, go slow and give an audible signal.
- At night, use headlight, taillight and reflectors.
Etiquette for Snowmobiles
- Ride quietly when around houses, campgrounds and other non-riders. Keep the rpm's low and steady.
- Do not exceed 10 mph when traveling within 100' of a non-motorized user or 150' of a dwelling.
- Do not operate vehicle in a careless way that may endanger people or property.
- Stay on trail and stay away from areas posted closed.