There are currently over 62,800 tax parcels in Washington County. The GIS Division working with the Real Property Lister Division, is responsible for maintaining these parcels covering all communities in Washington County.
The parcels are part of a larger cadastral dataset that also includes:
- Public Land Survey System Monuments
- Public Land Survey System Sections and Quarter Sections
- Subdivisions, Condominiums and Certified Survey Maps (CSM)
- Subdivision blocks
- Subdivision/CSM Lots
- Rights of Way
- Managed Forest
- Tax Key labels
- Parcel Dimension and Acreage Labels
- Subdivision/Condominium and Certified Survey Map Labels
- Right of Way Name Labels
- Public Land Survey System Labels
The cadastral dataset is created from a variety of sources. The public land survey system framework was created by entering in all monuments using their published Northing and Easting. Sections and Quarter Sections were constructed by connecting the public land survey system monuments. The remaining features were entered using coordinate geometry primarily using documents recorded in the Register of Deeds. Those documents include subdivisions, condominiums, certified survey maps and deeds. The recorded documents were supplemented with right of way plats and other non-recorded surveys. In most cases, lake and river boundaries were identified using orthophotography. Apparent gaps and overlaps greater then 2.5 ft are mapped.
- The cadastral information should not be used for legal, survey, engineering, financial, tax or other professional advice. If specific or precise information is required, you should always use the original recorded documents, surveys, plats, flood insurance studies, or other official means. Washington County specifically disclaims liability for damages of any kind resulting from the misuse or misrepresentation of any information contained herein.
Methods to Access Parcel Data
- Photocopies - Tax maps are printed yearly. These maps can be viewed in the Real Property Lister Office where photocopies can be made.
- Internet - Parcel data can be viewed and printed on the Washington County Interactive Mapping Application.
- Digital GIS or CAD Data - Digital versions of this data is available online from the Data Download site for free.