Payment Information: Payment of child support is made to the Wisconsin Support Collection Trust Fund (WI-SCTF), unless your order states otherwise. Access your information ANYTIME with an on-line account access. The site displays payments and account balances. This account also allows payer's to print payment coupons. You can request a FREE payment history from the WI-SCTF by calling them Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, at: Metro Milwaukee area (414) 615-2400 Outside the Metro Milwaukee area (800) 991-5530 TDD (877) 209-5209 The WI-SCTF will mail the payment history. How to Read a Payment History will provide you with instruction on understanding the payment history. If you need a payment history right away, you can request it in person from the Child Support Agency for a nominal fee ($0.25 per page)

Debit Card: Is your child support debit card going to expire soon? CHASE will be mailing new debit cards a few weeks befor the "good thru" date stamped on your card. Make sure that CHASE has your current address. The post office will not forward your replacement card to your new address. If you have moved, please call CHASE to update your address at: 1-866-817-0761.

Order for Support by Income Withholding: Child Support, although usually set monthly, is deducted per pay period. For example, if you are ordered to pay $200.00 per month and are paid weekly, your deduction is $46.15. This is arrived at by taking $200.00 x 12 months in a year divided by 52 pay periods. (Remember, there are 5 pay periods in some months) Therefore, $200 x 12 = 2400 divided by 52 = $46.15. If you are paid every other week, then $200 x 12 = 2400 divided by 26 pay periods = $92.30. Most months you will pay a little less than $200 per month and some months you will pay more, but it averages out during the course of the year. Child Support is typically ordered to be paid by income withholding. WI Statute 767.75 (3h) allows your employer to deduct up to $3.00 per withholding (case) for their administrative costs. That amount will probably be reflected on your paycheck if your employer charges this. It is usually charged each pay period for each withholding.

N-IVD CASES The Child Support Agency charges a fee for sending the Income Withholding notice to employers in N-IVD cases. The fee is payable to the Washington County Child Support Agency. Please see CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES -FEES for more information on N-IVD cases.

Past-Due Support (Arrears) and Interest Charging: Past-due, or unpaid child support, accumulates as arrears. WI Statute 767.511(6) states that a party ordered to pay child support shall pay simple interest at the rate of 0.5% per month on any amount in arrears that is equal to or greater than the amount of child support due in one month. For example, if the current order is for $200.00 per month, and the payer does not pay for 2 months, the total arrears would be $400.00, and interest of 0.5% would be charged each month on the arrears balance. If the party no longer has a current obligation to pay child support, interest at the rate of 0.5% per month shall accrue on the total amount of child support in arrears. Interest will be charged for the arrears over the monthly order of $200 per month until the arrears balance is less than the former support order amount (less than $200.00 in the example above).

Tax Intercept Program (for more detailed information on the Tax Intercept program, click here) The tax intercept program is one tool used by the Child Support Agency to assist with child support collection. The tax intercept program allows the Child Support Agency to intercept a payer's federal and state tax refund, and apply the refund to past-due child support and/or birth expenses. In general, a State tax intercept will be applied to current support due, then to past-due support (arrears), then to other debts. A Federal tax intercept will be applied to past due support that is assigned, such as birth expenses. The Child Support Agency sends the names of parents who owe past-due support to both the IRS and the Wisconsin DOR. The payer must file a tax return and be eligible for a refund for this tool to be effective. If the IRS and state DOR process returns at the same time, both agencies might intercept refunds. If just one of the refunds pays the entire amount owed, the other refund is returned. On the other hand, if the first refund did not pay the entire debt, the second refund will be applied to the balance of the debt. Any refund remaining after the debt due is paid in full will be returned. The U.S. Treasury and the state DOR will mail a notice to the payer when they intercept a refund. The notice will indicate the amount that was intercepted and where the money was sent. If you plan to file a joint return with a spouse, the Injured Spouse Claim will allow your spouse to receive up to half of the refund. If you have questions about the Injured Spouse Claim, or if your spouse's portion of a refund was intercepted after you filed an Injured Spouse Claim, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040

Graduation Procedures: In general, the order for support will terminate upon the later of last child's 18th birthday, or the last day of the month of graduation from High School. For example, if a child turns 18 on May 20, and graduates on June 10, child support continues until June 30. If a child turns 18, continues to attend High School, and turns 19 before graduating, child support ends on the last day of the month of the 19th birthday. See Section 767.511 (4) of the Wisconsin Statutes. If the graduating child is not the youngest child, the child support order and income withholding will not change unless there are specific provisions in the current child support order or judgment of divorce indicating the date and the change in the amount of support to be paid. To change the child support order, parties may do a Stipulation and Order, obtain a Pro Se Modification packet with the Clerk of Courts, or hire an attorney.   

RELATED SITES Child Support Online Service 
                      Petition to Waive Filing and Service Fees