MyPlate is based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans to help consumers make better food choices. MyPlate is designed to remind Americans to eat healthfully and illustrates the five food groups using a familiar mealtime visual, a place setting. Click the MyPlate icon for specific nutritional information.
A reliable source for food and human nutrition information
• Information on Dietary Supplements - from the National Institutes of Health, Office of Dietary Supplement
• Nutrition and Weight Status Objectives - U.S. Healthy People Project
• 2012 Highlights - Healthy People Project of Washington County
• Nutrition, Food Safety, Physical Activity, and Obesity: Winnable Battles
• CDC's Winnable Battles - are public health priorities with large-scale impact on health and with known, effective strategies to address them. The current Winnable Battles have been chosen based on the magnitude of the health problems and our ability to make significant progress in improving outcomes.
• The Wisconsin Food Security Project - provides localized information about the food security infrastructure in Wisconsin. The project promotes food security by helping planners and policymakers identify strengths and gaps in their communities, and by helping service providers and individuals and families to locate food-related resources.
• Recipes for Healthy Kids: Cookbook for Homes
• Recipes for Healthy Kids: Cookbooks for Child Care Centers and Schools
Here are some opportunities to get physically active and improve your community: Obesity
School and Child Care Resources