Shoreland Zoning/Surface Water
The Land Use Division of the Planning and Parks Department is responsible for Shoreland/Floodplain/Wetland Zoning code administration in the unincorporated areas of Washington County. The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Division, in conjunction with the Land Use Division, is responsible for maintaining the supporting map data.
The shoreland zoning is part of a larger dataset that also includes:
- 100-year floodplain
- Cross Sections
- Shoreland Zoning District
- Non-Navigable Agricultural Zoning Area
- Intermittent Zoning District
- County Regulated Wetlands
- Other Wetlands (Maybe regulated by the Wisconsin DNR or Army Corps. of Engineers)
- Lakes and Ponds
- Rivers and Streams
Although the surface water features are countywide, the zoning features (including floodplain) are only available for those areas where Washington County administers shoreland zoning (unincorporated areas).
The Shoreland Zoning and Surface water features should not be used for legal, survey, engineering, financial, tax or other professional advice. If specific or precise information is required, you should always use the original recorded documents, surveys, plats, flood insurance studies, or other official means. Washington County specifically disclaims liability for damages of any kind resulting from the misuse or misrepresentation of any information contained herein.
Methods to Access Shoreland Zoning/Surface Water Data
- Photocopies - Printed shoreland zoning maps are available for viewing in the Planning and Parks Department where black and white photocopies can be made.
- Internet - Zoning and surface water features can viewed and printed on the Washington County Interactive Mapping Application.
- Digital GIS or CAD Data - Digital versions of this data is available online on the Data Download site for free.