GIS Data and Fees
Any of the mapping data created and maintained by the Geographic Information System (GIS) Division of the Administration Department can be acquired for a fee. Prices are based on the geographic extent and number of different data layers being requested. An additional file conversion fee is charged for data requests in file formats Washington County considers non-native. See the price list for more information.
Specialized GIS or CAD (Computer Aided Design) software is required to use the raw GIS data. This software frequently costs in excess of $1000 and would not come installed on a typical computer purchased for home use. Following the link below for the data of interest will give alternate ways to acquire this information for the casual user.
Historic Aerial Photography
Hydrography and Shoreland/Floodplain/Wetland Zoning
Road Centerlines/Address Points
Standard Vector Formats
- ESRI Shape file
- ESRI Personal GeoDatabase (v10.0)
- Bentley Microstation Design File (v8)
Standard Raster Formats
- tiff or MrSID depending on the year
Ordering Instructions: Contact the GIS division with the list of desired products to confirm price, availability and delivery method. Orders can be picked up during normal business hours in the Planning and Parks Department or mailed via USPS. Payment must be received prior to data being mailed. Washington County is unable to accept credit cards at this time. Checks should be made payable to Washington County Planning and Parks Department.
Frequently Requested Data Not Available From Washington County:
- Environmental Corridors - The Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC) maintains environmental corridors for the Southeast region including Washington County. Contact the commission directly to acquire this data.
- General Zoning - Although Washington County maintains Shoreland Zoning Data for unincorporated areas in Washington County, the County does not maintain any general zoning information. General zoning is enforced and maintained by each of the 20 municipalities in Washington County.
- Assessment Data - Assessment values and classes are included with the parcel data available from Washington County. Because Washington County has local assessment, detailed assessment information is maintained by and should be accessed from the appropriate Municipality or their Assessor.
- Soils - Washington County uses the soils data that are developed and maintained by the United States Department of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS). This data can be accessed from the Soil Data Mart.
Product and Price List
For more information contact:
Washington County GIS Division
432 E Washington St.
PO Box 1986
West Bend, WI 53095-7986