Washington County would like to recognize the City of West Bend Engineering Department for donating these field notes purchased from B&H Surveying containing work done by the following firms, B & H Surveying, Citizens/Weis, Weis-Schneider Corp, R.A. Weis & Assoc., Capelle & Schmitz, Capelle & Weis, Capelle & Fox, and possibly Ethan Maxon to Washington County. These notes contain work done by Registered Land Surveyors Ethan Maxon, Merlin Capelle, Gerald Schmitz, Ronald Weis, Richard Fox, Gary Schneider, Richard Kleinmann, Mike Schleif, Mark Schmitz, David Leininger, Donald Thoma and William Holmes at various times in their careers before and after licensure. Below are scanned images of the index files for the field notes. The field books are on file in the Real Property Lister office in the Government Center, 432 East Washington Street, West Bend, WI 53095.
How to use the index:
- Page down and select the township you are working in
- Open the "Section Index" file
- Page down in that file to the section you are working in
- The second column from the right labeled "field notes" lists either a surveyor who did work in that section, or lists the pages of the field book if field notes were filed. Typically, this is listed as 1a, 2, 2a, etc...
- If you find that field notes were taken in your section, you will need to find the corresponding field book. Open the "field book number index" file or "engineering field book index" file at the bottom of the page. Page down to find the township that you are working in (left column). Note that some townships are split between multiple books because all the work could not fit into one field book. Some books are also dedicated to various subdivisions in a particular township or section. Subdivisions are indicated by decimal suffixes to the section number 12.1, 16.5 etc.
- Once you found your field book in the left column, follow across to the two far right columns. The box number and field book number are then listed. Books 1, 5, and 6 are available on-line
- For all other books, you must visit the Real Property office, and find the correct box and field book.
- Once the book is found, page to the appropriate section, and look for the specified pages of the field book as listed in number 4 above.
Washington County makes every effort to keep information on its website accurate and up to date. The information is subject to change without notice. All information is supplied "as is". Washington County does not certify the authenticity or accuracy of any information. No warranties express or implied, are made regarding accuracy, completeness, suitability, legality, reliability or usefulness of any information on this site.
The use of information on this site is solely at your own risk and without the County's liability of any kind. In no event shall Washington County be liable for any damages, whatsoever, whether direct, consequential, incidental, special or any claim for attorney fees or costs, arising out of the use or inability to use the information provided.
Errors and Omissions: This index may contain errors and omissions due to errors in the preparation of the original document or in the indexing of the document.
Images: The images are authentic reproductions of the actual document and the quality is usually good. However, blue or light-colored ink used on original documents will not reproduce well. Older documents may be illegible.
Information is provided as a convenience and is for informational use only. Although Washington County makes every effort to provide complete, accurate, and current information in this application, the County cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, quality, content or completeness of the included information. Washington County, its officers, employees, agents and assigns make no warranties, expressed or implied, for the contents of this web page. Information provided on this site should NOT be used for legal, survey, engineering, financial, tax or other professional advice. If specific or precise information is required, you should always use the original recorded documents, plats, flood insurance studies, or other official means. Washington County specifically disclaims any liability for damages of any kind resulting from the use, misuse or misrepresentation of any in-formation contained herein and assumes no responsibility for anyone's use of the information. The information included in this application is public record.
West Bend, WI 53090